Call for Artists: Town Fair Plaza Mini Golf
We're looking to create a pool of qualified artists or artist teams to develop proposals to create unique mini-golf holes for a 9-hole Mini Golf Course at the plaza.
We're inviting artists in the Bay Area to submit two-dimensional plans, sketches/drawings, images, or renderings as proposals for the project. Artists/art groups will be selected to build one of four areas listed below, creating props and obstacles (e.g. tunnels, bridges, loops, etc.) and/or other sculptural elements on and around the hole. The artists/art groups is responsible for the construction, fabrication, and installation of the artwork. Letters of interest and qualifications from artists are sought in this RFP.
We have four areas for proposal:
- Area 1: Group of 4 putting holes with starting hole (8’x20’)
- Area 2: 1 putting hole (8’x16’)
- Area 3: Group of 3 putting holes (8’x16’)
- Area 4: 1 putting hole with end hole (8’x20’)
You can also create a proposal for a single putting hole only instead of for the above-mentioned areas.
SF Bay Area Residents
The theme for mini-golf holes is open to any family friendly concepts. However, preferred ideas would include history or unique characteristics of the Fremont area.
June 28, 2018
Stipend: $500 stipend + $500 in materials
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- Cover page with artist name, address, work/home phone, cell phone, email, website URL. Every artist on a team must be included in this cover page.
- Three digital jpg images of previously completed artwork. Label each image as follows: Lastname_firstname_image1.jpg Lastname_firstname_image2.jpg, etc.
- Proposed mini-golf hole designs. Two-dimensional plans, sketches/drawings, images, or renderings will be accepted. Each design template must be a separate file. Please title each design submission
- Please write 1-3 sentences regarding your inspiration for the design on a separate attachment.
- Send all materials to Zach Lewis at email@example.com with the email title “Mini golf art proposal”
Public Space Authority
Looking for Sponsors
Town Fair Plaza's Mini Golf Course offers private sponsors the ability to reach a high volume of people of all ages through a family-fun, family-friendly engagement point. To learn how to sponsor a project at Town Fair Plaza, contact the Public Space Authority's Mark Arroyo at firstname.lastname@example.org.